WE ARE BAT
At BAT we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at BAT.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BAT is evolving at pace - truly like no other organisation.
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
BAT SAMSUN IS LOOKING FOR PROCUREMENT MANAGER- OPERATIONS
LOCATION: Turkey - Samsun
- To act as the interface with local budget holders at end market level ensuring the delivery of both their service requirements and those of procurement.
- To supervise sourcing activities for Turkey for the below categories that are managed at end market level (i.e. not globally or geographically managed).
- Facilities Svc (Operations Functions)
- Production & Spare Parts
- Spend to be managed: 35m GBP
- Number of suppliers managed: 300
- Number of categories: 5 main categories
- Direct Reports:2
- Key Business Stakeholders: Factory Manager, TBNC Cluster Manager, End Market Top Teams
- To manage the customer relationship and all aspects of procurement related customer service for Turkey Operations functions.
- To understand customer/business unit requirements including their business goals, targets, initiatives, directions and supplier performance requirements for their appointed end market.
- To manage the local customer relationship for those categories, shaping demand and compliance where appropriate.
- To collate all relevant end market business unit procurement requirements, providing the necessary information to ensure robust planning, budget and target setting.
- To own the relationship between procurement and its customers at end market level.
- To challenge demand and requirements and manage customer expectations to ensure compliance and drive continuous improvement.
- To communicate appropriate supply chain and procurement messages regarding strategies, process and policies to customers, to ensure compliance and engender a common understanding of each others goals and targets.
- Responsible for approving supplier selection for categories managed at an end market level.
- Responsible for implementing global and geographic category strategies and sourcing plans at end market level.
- To ensure the business is compliant with procurement policy and actively manage any compliance issues.
- To use a consistent approach using the agreed global policies, standards and platforms in all day to day tasks. This may include developing internal SLA’s and monitoring against this performance.
- To mitigate BAT’s exposure to service delivery and commercial risk through the delivery of robust end-market contracts and the management of the business relationship.
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference