BAT is evolving at pace - truly like no other organisation.
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
BAT TURKEYIS LOOKING FOR APACKAGING DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
SENIORITY LEVEL: Mid-Senior Level
LOCATION: Istanbul - Turkey
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
- Develop, specify, deliver, and manage the assigned Packaging Development activities for the
- Assigned DRBU/EM to support growth, regulatory and maintenance projects in line with DRBU /
- EM strategies
- Develop, qualify, and deliver sourcing change, complexity reduction and productivity initiatives
- as per projects assignment in accordance with BAT Strategy and DRBU deployment plan
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR:
- Provide Technical expertise on packaging and materials specifications to internal and external stakeholders.
- Work closely with project initiators, including Marketing, Operations, LEX, to scope any new packaging development project or productivity project, and provide relevant information to project stakeholders.
- Provide technical input and recommendations on all packaging development related matters, technical training, and development.
- A member of the BAT Packaging Deploy CoE in specified and Packaging Innovation function in general, sharing print/packaging, and technical process, ideas, and innovation; and contribute to the development and deployment best practice.
- Lead, (assess and approve) print proofing with Brand Marketing.
- Ensure all new packaging developments specifications are delivered on time and compliant with BAT Packaging Compliance Guideline (Document of Declaration) and brand standards.
- Develop and obtain digital approvals and specification required for packaging materials by using appropriate processes, systems, methods, technologies, and supply sources.
- Manage Artwork agencies for creation and release of packaging artworks and health warning templates.
- Manage Repro houses for repro and origination.
- Manage the tooling production with suppliers aligned to BAT’s provided specification for all packaging materials: blanks, outer, inner frame, inner bundle, printed poly, tipping paper etc.
- Manage colour approval at the printers for the respective packaging development, set embossing standards and material specifications for printing.
- Approvals process related to printed materials as internally specified.
- Work closely with operating companies and suppliers in the designated time zone – this will include travel to the operating companies and supplier locations.
- Manage colour matching at the printers press with Marketing for all kind of packaging materials to achieve the set standard and to enable the required volume print for BAT’s production (Packaging Qualification).
- Input and provide technical support for new supplier qualifications
- Support with technical assessments for new suppliers.
- Work closely with operating companies and suppliers in the designated DRBUs, includes travel to the operating companies and supplier locations.
- Manage the deployment of complexity reduction and productivity initiatives as per project assignment by Line Managers
- Manage the generation and approval of all artworks from technical point of view for all SKU developments.
- Manage the packaging development costs with:
- Artwork agencies for the creation, risk assessment and development of packaging artworks and health warning templates.
- Tooling invoices from suppliers.
- Manage all new packaging developments on time, in full and compliant with Product Stewardship and brand standards.
Close working relationships with:
- Packaging Innovation Communities
WE ARE BAT
At BAT we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at BAT.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.