BAT is evolving at pace - truly like no other organisation.
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
SENIORITY LEVEL: Entry Level
SALARY RANGE: Competitive Salary + excellent benefits + market leading bonus
LOCATION: Flexible Location
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
The role is responsible for engaging with customers and driving our business strategies. It is a part of our National Trade Team. Our Territory Officers are the face of BAT Bangladesh and the talent pipeline to the business, equipped with specialist product and brand knowledge, you’ll be out on the road visiting customers in your ‘patch’ for the bulk of your day, using your commercial eye for business and planning capability, while having an upbeat drive for results and passion for success.
Reports to: Area Manager
Reporting Level: Mid-Senior Level
Geographic Scope: Bangladesh
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
- Analysing, reporting and interpreting store specific data in order drive growth
- Acting as the point of reference for external partners by engaging in commercial conversations and negotiations;
- Building, encouraging and maintaining strong business partnerships with retailers;
- Responsibly educating retailers on product and category knowledge as well as on trading terms;
- Ensuring execution of strategies and campaigns for all retailers are achieved within your patch;
- Meeting, and exceeding, performance targets;
- Continually developing your skills to adapt to the changing industry and regulatory environment.
CAN THIS BE YOUR FUTURE ROLE?
- Do you seek to tackle stretch challenges and deliver within deadlines?
- Are you flexible to dive into our world full of diversity and inclusion?
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- The job requires a sound educational background with minimum Bachelors degree (preferably business graduates)
- Prior experience in sales / marketing (experience as a trade representative in an FMCG environment is an added bonus);
- A customer focused approach & solutions driven mentality;
- Strong selling, negotiation and objective handling skills;
- The aim to be Empowered, work independently and focus on results;
- A proven track record to build close working relationships with a diverse range of partners;
- Excellent planning and prioritisation skills;
- A desire to be Bold and Fast, while acting Responsibly, as you grow and develop your career
- Hands-on experience in sales and meeting sales targets.
WE ARE BAT
At BAT we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at BAT.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!