To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
SENIORITY LEVEL: Mid-Senior Level
FUNCTION: Operations, Procurement
LOCATION: Winston Salem, NC
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
Procurement Director – Direct Materials
Number of Direct Reports
Internal – Demand Planning, Product, SR&D and Marketing
External – Packaging Suppliers
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
- Managing and Sourcing an annual Packaging materials spend of $150m supporting all RAI’s companies for FMC (Factory Manufactured Cigarettes) and TO (Traditional Oral) product categories.
- Close collaboration and communication with Global Procurement team to provide input for the definition of the Global Categories Strategies for Packaging Materials considering US market and RAI’s functional business needs.
- Lead the deployment of the Global Direct Materials Categories Strategies in RAI for categories under scope of Packaging materials.
- Support Packaging materials demand capture process to identify business requirements (NPIs, projects, etc.) and support needed from Procurement to define RAI’s annual Direct Materials Plan (Sourcing, and Supplier Management Plans).
- Procurement leader for RAI’s Fuel for Growth Process (F4G) for the identification, implementation and tracking of productivity/savings opportunities under scope of Packaging Materials.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining strong contingency plans to ensure security of supply for Packaging Materials (ongoing risk assessment and plans tracking) in collaboration with relevant RAI’s functional teams, as well as with Global Procurement team.
- Execution of Supplier Management Process for Directs supplier base, including supplier segmentation, risk assessment, performance management plan, ESG requirement, compliance tracking and reporting
- Support OTIF (On Time In Full) implementation of all New Product Introductions (NPI), through collaboration with NPI team and other involved functions (ie Product, Engineering, Manufacturing, Quality, etc.)
CAN THIS BE YOUR FUTURE ROLE?
- Are you ready for look for value beyond savings?
- In current environment have you been able to look for ways to mitigate inflation pulling alternative value leavers?
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Minimum 8 years general business experience in any Supply Chain function but preferably within Procurement
- Proficient user of Excel, Word and Power Point.
- Strong financial and analytical skills linked with Project Management
- Strategic thinking, recognizing which insights drive business value and how best to impactfully communicate these with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strong influencing skills and pro-active, complex stakeholder management.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with ability to handle multiple priorities and changing business needs.
- Good knowledge of category management, contracting and procurement methodologies
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Business, Engineering. MBA is a plus
- Experience with SAP
- Printed packaging experience within the Folding Carton category
WE ARE REYNOLDS AMERICAN—A member of the BRITISH AMERICAN TOBACCO GROUP
At Reynolds American, we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at REYNOLDS AMERICAN.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 British American Tobacco employees across more than 180 markets
- Reynolds American certified as Great Place to Work
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Have you been on a career break for 18 months or longer? Are you ready to return to your career? If your answers to these questions is yes, we would love to hear from you. Regardless of why you took a break, we value you for all the skills you can bring to the workforce. Reignite your career, work flexibly, be part of a dynamic team and upskill yourself with on-the-job training and development support.
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at Reynolds American. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!