To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
SENIORITY LEVEL: Senior Level
LOCATION: WINTSON SALEM, NC
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
The Director Finance – Corporate Strategy & Planning is responsible for formulating & coordinating the US Corporate Strategy across functions, tracking progress and communicating a unified US narrative. In this role you will partner with the VP of Strategy & Planning along with senior leaders to define and lead the 3-5 year strategy for Reynolds encompassing existing business as well as future profit pools with key priorities based on scale and growth potential.
Key activities include improving the quality and depth of strategy execution and narrative with models & building blocks, defining & refreshing the market growth model and providing each function with strategic support (key focus on breakthrough growth drivers) which will be executed through global and local collaboration & alignment, maximising resources & impact.
VP – Corporate Strategy & Planning
Number of Direct Reports
Internal –RAMT, S/VPs, Snr Directors and Directors across the organization (Brand, Trade, Finance, Supply Chain, Product, MII)
DRBU – LOCAL (US)
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
- Coordinate US narrative updates to the management boards.
- Formulate updates of the strategy commentary and business results (monthly / quarterly) with a focus on half and full year results narrative to corporate headquarters.
- Global OpComm
- Key Market Briefing
- HY Market Summaries
- Investor Relations w/ Globe House
- Monthly GM Report
- Exec. Presentations
- Develop detailed understanding of growth opportunity as well as the strategic implication & investment required to achieve the opportunity incorporating macro, category & consumer dynamics to ensure the right choices are being made
- Identify, support & develop intervention plans to steer strategy achievement
- Support Annual Strategic Planning by defining guidelines & growth algorithm per category/segment
- Monitor performance and associated strategic changes to enable dynamic actions & growth
- Drive local understanding & connections to the global corporate strategy, collaborating with global BAT colleagues to exchange and share knowledge, best practices and global opportunities for improvement.
- Ensure each function (particularly Marketing) has the right mix & execution of growth drivers for the delivery of the plan/strategy
- Support the 5-to-10-year forecast process (glidepath), coordinating with category forecasters and other cross functional stakeholders to produce our strategic cross-category outlook and plans.
- Promote strong teamwork and cross-functional/departmental collaboration.
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited 4-year institution in business, finance, or relevant discipline
- 7+ years of experience in Finance, Consulting, Commercial Planning, or Strategic Forecasting
Technical / Functional / Leadership Skills Required
- High attention to detail & possesses an inquisitive nature
- Demonstrated ability to understand broader business issues and seek resolution.
- Ability to synthesize multiple information/data sources including but not limited to commercial, consumer, and macro-economic trends.
- Skilled in summarizing extensive analysis into concise, actionable insights.
- Excellent interpersonal and oral and written communication skills.
- Comfortable developing and delivering presentations utilizing data and insights.
- Advanced Microsoft Office and presentations-power point skills required
- Responsive, enthusiastic, and team-oriented.
- Masters of Business Administration preferred
WE ARE REYNOLDS AMERICAN—A member of the BRITISH AMERICAN TOBACCO GROUP
At Reynolds American, we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at REYNOLDS AMERICAN.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 British American Tobacco employees across more than 180 markets
- Reynolds American certified as Great Place to Work
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Have you been on a career break for 18 months or longer? Are you ready to return to your career? If your answers to these questions is yes, we would love to hear from you. Regardless of why you took a break, we value you for all the skills you can bring to the workforce. Reignite your career, work flexibly, be part of a dynamic team and upskill yourself with on-the-job training and development support.
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at Reynolds American. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!