To achieve the ambition we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be the change!
SENIORITY LEVEL: G36 – Senior Level
FUNCTION: Marketing, Insights & Foresights
LOCATION: Winston-Salem, NC
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
The Director Consumer and Shopper Analytics will lead a team with a strategic mindset and business perspective to generate customer and shopper insights and help translate the findings into actionable insights and recommendations.
VP – Insights and Foresights
Number of Direct Reports
Internal – Brands, Insights & Foresights, Growth Management, Consumer Experience
External – GBS Monterrey, 3rd Party Vendors
Up to 10%
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
- Utilization of core research methodologies, both principles and application, knowledge of standard processes, test and control groups to drive the business forward.
- Synthesize, understand, and leverage large data sets (D2C and Loyalty) into actionable insights.
- Effectively administer the application of analytical techniques such as A/B testing and ability to derive impact analysis and ROI analysis.
- Translating brand business questions and understanding the consumer insight needs. Serve as an unbiased, empathetic representative for the consumer and their needs.
- Effectively measure promotional efficiency and direct marketing measurement.
- Provide expertise to internal stakeholders on all things related to campaign, Loyalty and D2C analytics.
- Flexibility and creativity, ability to adjust to changing priorities and business challenges, thriving in ambiguity and a strong drive for delivery of results and adaptability.
- Ability to synthesize insights into collaborative storytelling and data visualization for brand needs.
- Drive a culture of collaboration, innovation and positive influence on decision making process
- Effectively communicate results to clients across the organization to facilitate decision making process
- Ability to coach and manage team of Data Scientists and Analysts, along with remote GBS teams
CAN THIS BE YOUR FUTURE ROLE?
- Do you have the ability to synthesize insights into collaborative storytelling that leads to quantifiable results?
- Do you have experience applying analytical skills and a problem-solving mindset to answer ambiguous business questions?
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- 7+ years in consumer market research and/or related field. CPG experience preferred.
- Ability to understand broader business issues and seek resolution
- Ability to manage, leverage and analyze data sources, interpret meaningful trends and draw conclusions to deliver actionable business recommendations.
- Ability to identify business opportunities in Sales and Marketing performance factors to influence execution.
- Ability to manage and deliver to client needs
- Strong leadership and collaboration skills, with ability to work with a broad range of disciplines and cross-functionally
- Strong verbal/written communication, data visualization and presentations skills
- Storytelling capabilities with action-oriented recommendations
- Vendor management
- Practical knowledge and application of analytical techniques, such as A/B testing
- Commercial Tools (Retail Sales Data – IRI/Nielsen, Microstrategy), Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Ad hoc.
- Requires very strong technical skills that includes proficiency in math and statistics
- Masters Degree in Market Research, Business or related field preferred
WE ARE REYNOLDS AMERICAN—A member of the BRITISH AMERICAN TOBACCO GROUP
At Reynolds American, we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at REYNOLDS AMERICAN.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 British American Tobacco employees across more than 180 markets
- Great Place to Work Certified
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in four strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Have you been on a career break for 18 months or longer? Are you ready to return to your career? If your answers to these questions is yes, we would love to hear from you. Regardless of why you took a break, we value you for all the skills you can bring to the workforce. Reignite your career, work flexibly, be part of a dynamic team and upskill yourself with on-the-job training and development support.
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at Reynolds American. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!
SALARY AND BENEFITS OVERVIEW
The following is a general summary of the competitive compensation and benefit plans we offer:
- 401(k) plan that offers opportunity to save on pre- and post-tax basis up to 50 percent of eligible compensation.
- Company matches 100 percent of employee pre-tax/Roth (401k) contributions up to six percent
- Company contributes an additional three percent to 401(k) whether employee participates or not
- Comprehensive health- and welfare-benefits package (including medical, dental, vision, and prescription drugs)
- Health Savings Account start-up contribution for employees who elect the high deductible health plan
- Flexible spending accounts for both Health Care and Dependent Care allowing employee to use pre-tax dollars to pay for qualified expenses during the calendar year
- Employee assistance program offering 8 free counselling sessions, per issue, each calendar year for employees and their dependents
- Company paid life insurance of 1x annual base pay ($50,000 minimum)
- Company paid accidental death or dismemberment insurance of 2x annual base pay ($50,000 minimum)
- Voluntary insurances offered at group rates: employee and dependent life insurance, AD&D insurance, critical illness, accident coverage, disability buy-up, and auto & home insurance
- Tuition reimbursement and student loan support
- Dependent Scholarship Programs
- Free confidential personal financial counselling service
- On-site health centers and 24/7 fitness centers at certain company locations
- A charitable giving matching grants program that enables employees to direct and double their donations to qualifying charitable organizations of their choice
- Health-care concierge service
- Volunteer service opportunities
- Extensive training opportunities
- Company vehicle for eligible employees
- Mobile phone allowance for eligible employees
- Paid Leave:
- Sick and Personal Time (exempt employees may be excused with pay for brief absences; non-exempt employees receive up to 6 days)
- Vacation (levels Below Senior Director receive 15 days (pro-rated during first year of service); Senior Director and Officers receive 25 days (pro-rated during first year of service)).
- Holidays (Nine company recognized and two annual personal holidays to be used at the employee’s discretion)
- Paid Parental Leave + temporary reduced work schedule opportunity
- Funeral Leave
- Short-Term Disability Leave
- Long-Term Disability Leave
- Jury Duty Leave
- Military Leave
- Released Time for Children’s Education
- Community Outreach Leave
- Other paid leave benefits, as required by state or local law
Our organization offers a level of challenge, responsibility, and creativity for motivated employees who want to grow their careers. We are also committed to employing a diverse workforce and valuing different perspectives, experiences, and talents to improve the company's potential for optimally achieving its business objectives!
Reynolds American Inc.and its affiliated companies is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Only applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact us directly via email atTalentAcquisition@RJRT.com.