To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
WE ARE LOOKING FOR A Director of Strategy and Planning (beyond Nicotine)
SENIORITY LEVEL: Senior Level
FUNCTION: Beyond Nicotine
LOCATION: Dallas, TX USA or Washington, DC USA or Winston-Salem, NC USA
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
VP, Finance and SPI
Number of Direct Reports
Internal – BN LT, Wider RAI organisation
Occasional travel within US and globally (UK)
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
- Act as an adviser to the CCO and senior commercial management team
- Assist the CCO in facilitating effective decision-making
- Coordinate the execution of commercial strategic initiatives
- Assess inquiries directed to the CCO, determine the proper course of action and delegate to the appropriate individual to manage
- Keeps track of progress of key commercial initiatives until resolved
- Attend meetings (IDR, MLT, RAI LT etc.) while synthesizing information and translating into appropriate communications (i.e. decks, business updates, townhalls, executive summaries etc.)
- Build and develop relationships with all employees for increased efficiency and effective responsiveness into existing operations, and help to define new operational strategies, working with CCO and executives on special projects
- Serve as a subject matter expert, handling inquiries and developing action plans to address them, and assisting with the preparation and dissemination of communications
- Create/reorganize decks and presentations: collaborate with direct reports and key stakeholders to build/enhance decks with a combination of data and anecdotal content.
CAN THIS BE YOUR FUTURE ROLE?
- You enjoy ambiguous situations, and leading the way in shaping a path forward
- Think critically and challenge in areas you are new to
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Strong business/financial acumen
- 6+ years marketing experience
- Able to handle high-level, complex and time critical deadlines and deliverables across a broad range of topics and multiple work streams
- Exceptional interpersonal, oral/written communication skills
- Strong collaboration skills, with ability to influence and achieve consensus up, down and across the organization
- Proactive, forward thinking to manage diverse and dynamic priorities
- Minimum BS/BA in Business, IT, Marketing and/or Project Management.
- Proven experience organizing and directing cross-functional teams
WE ARE REYNOLDS AMERICAN—A member of the BRITISH AMERICAN TOBACCO GROUP
At Reynolds American, we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at REYNOLDS AMERICAN.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 British American Tobacco employees across more than 180 markets
- Reynolds American certified as Great Place to Work
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Have you been on a career break for 18 months or longer? Are you ready to return to your career? If your answers to these questions is yes, we would love to hear from you. Regardless of why you took a break, we value you for all the skills you can bring to the workforce. Reignite your career, work flexibly, be part of a dynamic team and upskill yourself with on-the-job training and development support.
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at Reynolds American. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!