Reynolds American is evolving at pace - truly like no other organization.
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!Reynolds American is evolving at pace - truly like no other organization.
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
WE ARE LOOKING FOR A 2023 Summer SR&D Intern
SENIORITY LEVEL: Intern
FUNCTION: Scientific Research & Development
LOCATION: Winston-Salem, NC
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
The Reynolds scientific research and development (SRD) team is seeking interns for 2023. As an SR&D Intern, you will gain hands-on experience in a dynamic, exciting working environment. You will be assigned a challenging research project with a focus on clinical study project execution, requiring creative thinking, problem solving, and teamwork as you interact with other personnel throughout our winning organization. This role engages in planning conduct and interpretation of data from studies performed in human subjects to support pre-market or modified risk product submissions and post market surveillance activities of the business.
In addition, you will have fun while adding value and encountering outstanding career development support. This role is for a summer internship across the span of 10 weeks and will conclude by mid-August.
Manager of Scientific Research & Development
Number of Direct Reports
Up to 10%
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
- Contribute to the development of research strategies that support regulatory submissions
- Execute challenging assignments
- Collaborate with teams across Research & Development and Scientific & Regulatory Affairs
- Demonstrate proficient project management, time management, and team collaboration skills
- Present your findings to our leadership team
CAN THIS BE YOUR FUTURE ROLE?
- Are you able to work a full-time schedule during our 10-week internship experience starting in June?
- Do you have sophistocated analytical skills?
- Would you like to help transform an industry?
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Willing to relocate to Winston-Salem, NC
Enrollment in a MS or Ph.D program in chemistry, statistics, toxicology or a related field
Demonstrated leadership skills
Strong analytical skills with a view towards modeling trends and data analytics
Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong eye for business and a strategic approach
- Intellectual curiosity and ambition
WE ARE REYNOLDS AMERICAN—A member of the BRITISH AMERICAN TOBACCO GROUP
At Reynolds American, we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at REYNOLDS AMERICAN.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 British American Tobacco employees across more than 180 markets
- Reynolds American certified as Great Place to Work
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Have you been on a career break for 18 months or longer? Are you ready to return to your career? If your answers to these questions is yes, we would love to hear from you. Regardless of why you took a break, we value you for all the skills you can bring to the workforce. Reignite your career, work flexibly, be part of a dynamic team and upskill yourself with on-the-job training and development support.
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at Reynolds American. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!
SALARY AND BENEFITS OVERVIEW
Hourly Rate: Undergraduate Rate: $21.00 per hour / Graduate Rate: $38.50 per hour
- Leadership training opportunities
- Roundtable Networking Events with senior leadership
- Engagement Events with fellow interns
- Generous salary
- Housing stipends provided
- On-Site Health Fitness Centers at corporate, research and manufacturing locations
- Participation in Reynolds American’s award-winning 401(k) retirement savings plan including company contributions
- Confidential personal financial counselling service at no cost to you
Our organization offers a level of challenge, responsibility and creativity for motivated employees that welcome opportunities for growth. We are also committed to employing a diverse workforce and valuing different perspectives, experiences, and talents to improve the company's potential for optimally achieving its business objectives!
Reynolds American Inc. and its affiliated companies is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. Only applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact us directly via email at TalentAcquisition@RJRT.com.