WE ARE LOOKING FOR A 2023 SUMMER CHEMISTRY INTERN (SRD)
SENIORITY LEVEL: Intern
JOB TITLE: 2023 Summer Intern SRD Intern – Research and Development
FUNCTION: Scientific Research & Development
LOCATION: Winston-Salem, NC
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
Manager of SR&A
Number of Direct Reports
Internal – SRD Team
Up to 10%
It’s time to put what you’ve learned in the classroom to work as a Research & Development Intern. At Reynolds American, Inc., we’re creating a better tomorrow for adult tobacco consumers. This summer, you’ll play a key role in real-world projects, working alongside established professionals who want to help you succeed. That even includes access to our c-suite leadership. Previous Research & Development Interns have made their mark contributing to cross-functional projects focusing on tobacco and regulatory science. Now, you can be next.
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
- Actively lead a project(s) based work designed around the following accountabilities:
- Data analysis
- Statistical analysis
- Technical writing
- Collaborate with teams in Analytical Services and Deploy
- Present findings and insights to the Leadership Team at the completion of your project.
CAN THIS BE YOUR FUTURE ROLE?
- Can you work a full-time schedule during the 10 weeks of the summer internship program?
- Are you an innovative leader with strong influencing skills?
- Would you like an internship that challenges and develops you both personally and professionally?
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Pursuing a graduate degree in Chemistry or related field
- Displays excellent interpersonal skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in statistical and data analysis
- Willing to relocate to Winston-Salem, NC for the summer
WE ARE REYNOLDS AMERICAN—A member of the BRITISH AMERICAN TOBACCO GROUP
At Reynolds American, we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at REYNOLDS AMERICAN.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 British American Tobacco employees across more than 180 markets
- Reynolds American certified as Great Place to Work
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Have you been on a career break for 18 months or longer? Are you ready to return to your career? If your answers to these questions is yes, we would love to hear from you. Regardless of why you took a break, we value you for all the skills you can bring to the workforce. Reignite your career, work flexibly, be part of a dynamic team and upskill yourself with on-the-job training and development support.
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at Reynolds American. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!
SALARY AND BENEFITS OVERVIEW
Hourly Rate: Undergraduate Rate: $21.00 per hour / Graduate Rate: $38.50 per hour
- Leadership training opportunities
- Roundtable Networking Events with senior leadership
- Engagement Events with fellow interns
- Generous salary
- Housing stipends provided
- On-Site Health Fitness Centers at corporate, research and manufacturing locations
- Participation in Reynolds American’s award-winning 401(k) retirement savings plan including company contributions
- Confidential personal financial counselling service at no cost to you
Our organization offers a level of challenge, responsibility and creativity for motivated employees that welcome opportunities for growth. We are also committed to employing a diverse workforce and valuing different perspectives, experiences, and talents to improve the company's potential for optimally achieving its business objectives!
Reynolds American Inc. and its affiliated companies is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. Only applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact us directly via email at TalentAcquisition@RJRT.com.