Reynolds American is evolving at pace - truly like no other organization.
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
WE ARE LOOKING FOR A Human Resource Intern
SENIORITY LEVEL: Intern
JOB TITLE: Human Resource Intern
FUNCTION: Human Resources
LOCATION: Winston Salem, NC
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
Human Resources (HR) is offering an internship to assist the function in providing leadership in every facet of Reynolds and its operating companies. Summer interns will have Winston-Salem based assignments. The internship will provide exciting opportunities for exposure to parts of the business outside HR. You will exercise initiative, creative problem-solving, teamwork and leadership as you interact with other personnel through our winning organization. In addition, you will have fun while adding value and encountering outstanding career development support. At the close of your internship, you will present your project overview, findings and recommendations to senior management, project partners, and work teams.
Human Resource Manager
up to 10%
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
- Conduct research and data analysis to support key HR initiatives and leverage insights to inform overall HR strategies
- Support the design and implementation of rewards strategies and initiatives
CAN THIS BE YOUR FUTURE ROLE?
- Are you looking to gain HR experience in a global company?
- Would you like an internship that challenges and develops you both personally and professionally?
- Can you work a full-time schedule during the 10 weeks of the summer internship program?
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Pursuing an undergraduate degree with completed coursework in human resources, business administration or related field
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- An innovative leader with strong influencing skills
- HR/Business/Social Science degrees advantageous
- Previous HR internship experience
- Leadership experience
WE ARE REYNOLDS AMERICAN—A member of the BRITISH AMERICAN TOBACCO GROUP
At Reynolds American, we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at REYNOLDS AMERICAN.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 British American Tobacco employees across more than 180 markets
- Reynolds American certified as Great Place to Work
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Have you been on a career break for 18 months or longer? Are you ready to return to your career? If your answers to these questions is yes, we would love to hear from you. Regardless of why you took a break, we value you for all the skills you can bring to the workforce. Reignite your career, work flexibly, be part of a dynamic team and upskill yourself with on-the-job training and development support.
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at Reynolds American. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!
SALARY AND BENEFITS OVERVIEW
Hourly Rate: Undergraduate Rate: $21.00 per hour / Graduate Rate: $38.50 per hour
- Leadership training opportunities
- Roundtable Networking Events with senior leadership
- Engagement Events with fellow interns
- Generous salary
- Housing stipends provided
- On-Site Health Fitness Centers at corporate, research and manufacturing locations
- Participation in Reynolds American’s award-winning 401(k) retirement savings plan including company contributions
- Confidential personal financial counselling service at no cost to you
Our organization offers a level of challenge, responsibility and creativity for motivated employees that welcome opportunities for growth. We are also committed to employing a diverse workforce and valuing different perspectives, experiences, and talents to improve the company's potential for optimally achieving its business objectives!
Reynolds American Inc. and its affiliated companies is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. Only applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact us directly via email at TalentAcquisition@RJRT.com.