To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
SENIORITY LEVEL: Intern– Grade 31
Job Title: Strategic Accounts Intern
SUB FUNCTION: Marketing - Trade Marketing & Distribution – Field Strategic Accounts Team
LOCATION: Winston Salem, NC
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
What are the key objectives and expectations from this role?
Strategic Accounts Interns are charged to learn and embody Reynolds Marketing Services Company’s (“RMSC”) strategic vision of transforming the tobacco industry. RMSC’s Strategic Accounts Interns, with the guidance of mentors, are responsible for assisting in representation of the company in the sale, marketing and promotion of its full portfolio of products and programs while engaging both retail outlets and adult nicotine consumers.
The Strategic Accounts Intern position allows individuals to work alongside full-time RMSC employees as they consistently demonstrate their self-starting, eagerness to learn, and application of needs-based selling skills with solution oriented ideas for large chain customer’s business. This includes areas of marketing within product mix and availability, pricing/ promotions, supply chain, and retail merchandising presence.
Each Strategic Accounts Intern is provided exceptional training, with hands on learning opportunities by being included in selling to largest chain HQs in the country. This includes comprehensive industry learning and coaching support that enables individuals to leverage their strengths. The company demonstrates this commitment by empowering employees to challenge conventional thinking and creates an environment for innovative thinkers.
Independent judgment/decision-making, influencing/sales skills, strong organization, time management and data-analysis skills are key essentials to the position of a full-time Strategic Accounts employee. During the Internship Program, Interns will be exposed to training surrounding these skills to best prepare for a career at RMSC.
What is the direct impact of this role on the team or organization?
Account Executive – Strategic Accounts
Number of Direct Reports
Internal – Strategic Account and regional teams
External – Retail customers
5 days per week, up to 100 miles per day (greater travel could be possible)
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR:
- Participates in a full-time, 40-hour work week Internship Program for 10 weeks.
- Collaborates with other Field Teams and Strategic Accounts team..
- Develops superior product knowledge and, under mentor guidance, effectively educates and engages adult nicotine customers in dialogue about our portfolio of nicotine products.
- Functions independently and collaboratively.
- Learns about product sales, distribution, and consumer marketing brand strategies.
- Under mentor guidance, calls on established traditional and non-traditional retail outlets (c-gas, tobacco shops, convenience stores) while building relationships with store managers/owners.
- Actively promotes the marketing mix driving performance against assigned quantitative and qualitative sales goals and brand measures.
- Develop and present a strategic business analysis project addressing real business opportunitiesand creating action plans against those opportunities.
- Timely completes administrative tasks including e-Learnings, expense reports and vehicle mileage reports.
- Completes personal development and training sessions on social styles and adaptive communication.
- Effectively and appropriately uses independent judgment in making business and strategy recommendations.
CAN THIS BE YOUR FUTURE ROLE?
- Can you work a full-time schedule during the 10 weeks of the summer internship program?
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Rising Senior pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree- Business Degree Preferred
- 21 years or older at the start of the Internship Program
- Valid U.S. driver’s license with no restrictions and safe driving record
- Established ability to work independently and with a team
- Demonstrated ability to build collaborative working relationships
- Commitment to personal and professional development
- Proficient with MS Office applicants
Physical Requirements (*Essential functions)
- *Ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
- *Ability to climb and work from heights ranging from 9 to 12 feet
- *Ability to access and work in limited and confined spaces
- *Ability to visually inspect and manipulate merchandise and advertising displays
- *Ability to frequently stoop, kneel and crouch
SALARY AND BENEFITS OVERVIEW
Hourly Rate: Undergraduate Rate: $21.00 per hour / Graduate Rate: $38.50 per hour
- Leadership training opportunities
- Roundtable Networking Events with senior leadership
- Engagement Events with fellow interns
- Generous salary
- Housing stipends provided
- On-Site Health Fitness Centers at corporate, research and manufacturing locations
- Participation in Reynolds American’s award-winning 401(k) retirement savings plan including company contributions
- Confidential personal financial counselling service at no cost to you
Our organization offers a level of challenge, responsibility and creativity for motivated employees that welcome opportunities for growth. We are also committed to employing a diverse workforce and valuing different perspectives, experiences, and talents to improve the company's potential for optimally achieving its business objectives!
Reynolds American Inc. and its affiliated companies is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. Only applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact us directly via email at TalentAcquisition@RJRT.com.