BAT is evolving at pace - truly like no other organisation.
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
BAT POLAND IS LOOKING FOR A SECURITY SOLUTION ARCHITECT
JOB TITLE: Security Solution Architect
SENIORITY LEVEL: Experienced professional
FUNCTION: Cyber Security
TYPE OF CONTRACT: Permanent
START DATE: As soon as possible
LOCATION: Warsaw, Poland
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
The role will be responsible for architecting solutions to support the overall security architecture developed by the Security Architecture & Engineering function it belongs to, by integrating new security controls and processes supporting the overall company mission and goals as well as evolving existing ones to improve the security posture at BAT.
The role acts as Subject Matter Expert working with the Cyber Security and broader DBS functions to ensure the design of solutions aligns with the approved cybersecurity strategies and technology references.
Fundamental concepts like Information Protection, Zero-trust architecture, segmented network zoning, containerized applications, and multifactor authentication architecture will be followed as well as maintaining core principles such as security & privacy by design, least privileges, leading security standards (NIST, CIS, MITRE Attack framework), common best practices and transformation of traditional data center security measures into industry adopted cloud technologies including Amazon, Azure, Google, etc.
Partnering with the broader Digital Business Solutions (DBS) organization, you will be responsible for:
- Developing detailed architecture and design for selected Security solutions and associated tools
- Assisting delivery teams and engineers during the implementation and evolution of these security solutions.
- Creation and maintenance of architectural artefacts such as architecture diagrams in high-level designs (HLD) and low-level-designs (LLD) as well as governance documentation (Technology Architecture Board, Solution Architecture Review)
- Provide guiding support to the enterprise architects and security engineers on the selection and operation of cybersecurity tools to analyze, identify, prevent, and respond to security alerts, threats, and attacks.
- Assisting in the development of technical security standards (TSS), guidelines, design patterns, reference architectures, and roadmaps for the Cyber Security domain.
- Provide architectural solutions maximizing the value from technology innovation in a way that manages the cyber security risk and helps increase compliance, minimizing business disruptions from potential cyber-attacks and data breaches.
Reports to: Global Head of Security Architecture & Engineering
Reporting Level: no direct reports
Geographic Scope: Global
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
- Develops solution architecture for selected Security solutions and maintains related architectural artefacts.
- Review of solution architecture in light of the evolution of the overall architecture as well as upgrades of platforms and tools.
- Proactively researches, monitors, learns, and assesses industry/technology advancements and continually builds alliances to explore ways to leverage and advance technical opportunities.
- Reviews selected solutions and platforms being considering for purchase or implementation to assess security features and issues (strengths/risks); provides input to delivery teams and solution architects to assure that proper security features are incorporated and configured to support the company’s security posture.
- Provides and maintains security requirements to be included in an RFP for software and/or services.
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, AND KNOWLEDGE
- Extensive experience in designing secure architectures for complex systems, networks, and applications. This includes translating business requirements into effective security solutions.
- Degree or equivalent in Computer Science
- Conducting thorough risk assessments to identify security threats and vulnerabilities. Experience in developing risk management strategies and mitigation plans.
- Strong knowledge of industry security standards and regulations (e.g., ISO 27001, NIST Cybersecurity Framework, GDPR) and experience in ensuring compliance with these standards.
- Knowledge of security governance frameworks and experience in establishing security policies, procedures, and guidelines across the organization.
- Experience in conducting security testing, vulnerability assessments, and penetration testing to identify weaknesses in systems and applications.
- Expertise in designing secure and scalable architectures, including network segmentation, secure protocols, secure coding practices, and secure authentication and authorization mechanisms.
- Proficiency in threat modeling techniques to identify potential security risks and develop appropriate security controls.
- Knowledge of various security technologies such as firewalls, intrusion detection and prevention systems (IDS/IPS), security information and event management (SIEM) systems, encryption, multi-factor authentication, and identity and access management (IAM) solutions.
- In-depth understanding of networking concepts, operating systems, databases, web applications, cloud computing, and virtualization technologies.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams, stakeholders, and executive management. Ability to translate technical concepts into business terms.
- Security Principles and Best Practices: Deep understanding of information security principles, best practices, and industry standards.
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP).
- Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe 5 or higher).
WE ARE BAT
At BAT we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at BAT.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Collaboration, diversity, and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!