To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
SENIORITY LEVEL: Apprentice
SALARY RANGE: Competitive salary
LOCATION: Central and Fiji
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
British American Tobacco’s Trade Apprenticeship Scheme has been in place for over a decade, grooming individuals for an exciting career. We are seeking highly energetic, self-motivated, efficient, and dynamic individuals to join our Operations Team in Nabua, Suva as Trade Apprentice reporting to the Production Manager in the following:
- Plant Maintenance
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics Engineering
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
- Developing practical skills through on-the-job training, workshops and participating in as many learning opportunities as possible.
- Successfully complete the Apprenticeship Program under the requirements outlined by FNU.
CAN THIS BE YOUR FUTURE ROLE?
- Are you a critical thinker?
- Do you have a passion for learning with a growth mindset?
- Do you enjoy working and being part of a high-performing team?
CRUCIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- You must be enrolled in your 1st and 2nd year under any of the above trade programs with Fiji National University (FNU)
- Self-starter and passion for learning with a growth mindset
- Highly developed sense of environment, health and safety
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
REMUNERATION AND BENEFITS
We have flexible working, great benefits, and a positive and inclusive culture.
WE ARE BAT
At BAT we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at BAT.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Collaboration, diversity, and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!