BAT is evolving at pace - truly like no other organisation.
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
SENIORITY LEVEL : Non-Management Level
LOCATION: Suva, Fiji
ROLE TYPE : Permanent role
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
Central Manufacturing Company Pte Limited, trading as British American Tobacco Fiji (“BAT”) is a global company which has an international presence. With its people diversity and business strategies, BAT provides unique career opportunities and experience for people with the passion, drive and ambition to succeed.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES INCLUDE:
- Safety first approach - Executing all work in line with EHS guidelines requirements
- Qualify new machinery/equipment to meet BAT Technical and process standards
- Driving focus on continuous improvement, efficiency and value driven performance management within the Production Technical team.
- Developing and Execution of Maintenance Plans in line machine care, managing and reliability programs, ensuring vertical start up after maintenance execution.
- Support in the execution of PM Pillar Tools
- Accountability for ensuring Packing Machines can operate with no Speed loss
- Proper maintenance plans in place to ensure machine is maintained at base condition and reduction in process failure or breakdowns
- Identification of training & development needs for operators on technical
QUALIFICATIONS AND ESSENTIAL ATTRIBUTES:
- A minimum 3 years of experience in Mechanical, Manufacturing OR Engineering related experience
- Knowledge in Lean Manufacturing, 6 sigma or similar methodologies
- Proficient in troubleshooting knowledge on machines
- Adequate knowledge of problem-solving skills, general factory standard, and manufacturing practices.
- Sound working knowledge MS Office is required for OPL & Work Instructions
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities.
- Bachelor's degree or certificates in Mechanical / any other engineering discipline.
- Delivering in ambiguous & dynamic situations as a part of a global multi-functional team by building partnerships & working diplomatically
- Drives innovation & knowledge sharing
WE ARE BAT
At BAT we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at BAT.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!