BAT is evolving at pace - truly like no other organisation.
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
SENIORITY LEVEL: Trainee
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
If you’re driven, passionate and ambitious, our Global Graduate Programme will let you achieve your potential. It is a hands-on job from day one – with world class training, international scope and the chance to reach your potential. You will progress from graduate to junior manager within 12 months in Finance, with the opportunity to become an outstanding leader in a world-class organization.
Our Finance Graduate Programme helps you to develop exceptional Financial/Commercial skills - fully understanding the dynamics of the market you are operating in, and how the BAT Finance departments work together to achieve outstanding business results.
Reports to: Finance Planning Manager
Reporting Level: Managerial
Geographic Scope: Latin America & the Caribbean
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
- Preparing various analytical and management reporting for business in a timely and accurate manner
- Provides transparency, insight, and explaining the story behind the numbers
- Preparation of regular forecast & annual budget, planning and analysis
- Assist with commercial aspects of the business such as pricing, market and competitor analysis
- Support ad-hoc financial reports and projects as assigned, including new business opportunities or initiatives
- The role will require an individual who constantly strives to add value as a partner to the business, looks for continuous improvement, has a consumer-focused mindset and is a real team player
- Developing robust business cases which support key investment decisions across commercial areas.
- Delivering monthly financial forecasting including variance analysis which identify key drivers of financial performance and areas of opportunities.
- Identifying and driving continuous improvement across key financial processes.
CAN THIS BE YOUR FUTURE ROLE?
- Are you willing to potentiate your career in a dynamic and challenging environment?
- Do you want to develop your career in finance?
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- No more than 2 years since graduation.
- Experience working in FMCGS
- Intercultural competencies from international experience or personal background.
- Excellent MS excel skill is a must
- Relevant working experience of 1-2 years (Finance Areas)
- Candidate should possess strong analytical, problem-solving and communication skills
- English fluent in oral & writing
- Have a drive for excellence: high expectation for the quality of your work, proactive in nature and comfortable to deal with ambiguity and to influence a wide array of stakeholders.
- Hunger for continuous learning, eager to develop new skills and proactiveness MUST be part of your DNA.
- Global mobility
- High academic performance with international experience
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, International Business, or a related field
- 1-2 years of experience in Finance or a related field
- Experience with SAP and/ or BI- excel (advanced)
- Fluent English (Advanced)
- 360° Business Knowledge
- Competitive compensation package
- Great development and growth career opportunities
WE ARE BAT
At BAT we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at BAT.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!