To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
SENIORITY LEVEL: Entry Level
LOCATION: Memphis, TN.
What are the key objectives and expectations from this role?
The Maintenance Technician II performs safe, efficient and cost-effective maintenance services, including mechanical repairs when required, on all production and facility electronic control and electrical systems.
What is the direct impact of this role on the team or organization?
Ensure equipment is reliable to support the required production inventory levels for consumer demand
Supervisor, Manufacturing – Maintenance
Number of Direct Reports
- Maintains and repairs all electrical and electronic devices associated with equipment, machinery or facility structure.
- Designs and assembles electrical control cabinets
- Program, troubleshoot and repair all electronic controls and industrial control systems on production equipment and facilities
- Interacts and provides guidance to management, in determining the best engineered solutions for efficient production of high quality products
- Provide 80% mechanical work and 20% electrical work during normal operations
- Be aware of the Company environmental, health & safety policies and comply with the objectives as it relates to the role
- Follow Company Safety Rules
- Know the potential health & safety risks and environmental impacts of work activities and understand role in mitigating these impacts
- Understand responsibilities for compliance with regulatory requirements and Company standards
- Complete EHS-required training and follow operational procedures
- Immediately report all injuries and illnesses
- Participate in EHS programs as required by assigned site/role (e.g., PULSAR safety observation program, Safety Triggers)
- Drive & Support IWS Implementation including: DDS Drumbeat, Breakdown Elimination, Defect Handling,
- Maintenance Planning & Scheduling, Equipment Ranking, Lubrication, Spare Parts, Shop Tools & Supplies – 6S, and
- AM Pillar Support
- Prefer 3 years of industrial electronic experience in maintaining electronic and electrical systems in a manufacturing environment.
Technical / Functional / Leadership Skills Required
- Extensive knowledge of PLC systems.
- Good troubleshooting abilities.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Strong mechanical and mathematical aptitude.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail, proactivity and effective follow-through.
- Required to pass lift truck and scissor lift certification requirements
- Required to have valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving report
- Willingness and ability to work any shift and in varying departments
- Work Keys: Applied Math – Level 5, Workplace Documents – Level 6, Graphic Literacy – Level 4, Workplace Observation – Level 3 preferred, Applied Technology – Level 5
Education / Qualifications / Certifications Required
- High School Diploma and minimum of 5 years industrial electronic experience; OR Associate Degree in Electronics or completed two years toward an engineering degree at an accredited university.
- Experience with tobacco packaging and processing equipment.
- Knowledge of and experience with SAP.
- Industrial Vehicle Operation experience
- Experience using Computerized Maintenance Management System
QUALIFYING QUESTIONS FOR APPLICANTS
- Are you able to work in high/low-temperature environments?
- Are you able to meet all physical requirements for the job: Walking, climbing, stooping, reaching, lifting to 100 pounds, and working at heights of 35 feet?
- Competitive annual salary
- Targeted Annual Bonus
We offer very competitive compensation and benefit plans, including:
- 401(k) plan that offers opportunity to save on pre- and post-tax basis up to 50 percent of eligible compensation. Company matches 100 percent of employee pre-tax/Roth (401k) contributions up to six percent
- Comprehensive health- and welfare-benefits package
- Eleven paid company holidays annually, plus a generous paid vacation plan based on length of service
- Company-paid sick and personal days, funeral leave and jury duty leave; Also Parental leave/Reduced Work Schedule
- Confidential personal financial counselling service
- On-site health clinics and fitness centers
- A matching grants program that enables employees to direct and double their donations to qualifying charitable organizations of their choice
- Health-care advocacy service
- Volunteer service opportunities
- Federal credit union membership through Allegacy Federal Credit Union
- Extensive training opportunities
Our organization offers a level of challenge, responsibility and creativity for motivated employees that welcome opportunities for growth. We are also committed to employing a diverse workforce and valuing different perspectives, experiences and talents to improve the company's potential for optimally achieving its business objectives!
Reynolds American Inc. and its affiliated companies is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. Only applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact us directly via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About our organization:
Reynolds American Inc. is an indirect, wholly owned subsidiary of British American Tobacco p.l.c., and the U.S. parent company of R. J. Reynolds Tobacco Company; Santa Fe Natural Tobacco Company, Inc.; American Snuff Company, LLC; Modoral Brands Inc.; R. J. Reynolds Vapor Company; Lorillard Licensing Company, LLC; Reynolds Brands, Inc.; Vuse Stores LLC; Kentucky BioProcessing, Inc.; RAI Services Company and Reynolds Marketing Services Company. This position is with American Snuff Company, LLC. Job Number: 47755
WE ARE REYNOLDS AMERICAN — A member of the BRITISH AMERICAN TOBACCO GROUP
At Reynolds American, we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at REYNOLDS AMERICAN.
• Global Top Employer with 53,000 British American Tobacco employees across more than 180 markets
• Reynolds American certified as Great Place to Work
• Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
• Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
• Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
• Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Have you been on a career break for 18 months or longer? Are you ready to return to your career? If your answers to these questions is yes, we would love to hear from you. Regardless of why you took a break, we value you for all the skills you can bring to the workforce. Reignite your career, work flexibly, be part of a dynamic team and upskill yourself with on-the-job training and development support.
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at Reynolds American. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!