EXTERNAL JOB TITLE: Solution Architect
FUNCTION: NWEA BI CoE
SUB FUNCTION: Data and Analytics
CITY & COUNTRY: NWEA, London & Denmark
What are the key objectives and expectations from this role?
The purpose of the role is to enable and support a performance driven organization through management and implementation of projects, processes and systems that support the business and the NWEA TM&D agenda especially within- and through all Business Intelligence areas.
BAT Globally has implemented a Global support BI Cloud based solution in Azure in which BAT NWEA BI has its own instance. We are aiming to consolidate our full portfolio of reporting capabilities within this instance and has started this journey on on-boarding both internal- and external hosted systems. A huge part of this role is to actively take responsibility and ownership of consolidating existing systems as well in parallel be ready for new Business requirements primarily based on new data sources.
Key objectives for the role are to prepare, support, develop and consolidate BAT NWEA BI Enterprise Data Platform and current diverse portfolio of internal- and external reporting applications to latest BI and Advanced Analytics technology based upon Cloud based technology hosted in MS Azure through a Globally defined Infrastructure. The data sources consist of Global data source integrations (SAP, Salesforce) and local internal/external data sources through usage of Power Automate, Azure Blob, Wherescape, Snowflake, MS MDS services and PowerBI as frontend tool.
Data management, Data modelling, Design & Build, and reporting support will be a central element in this journey as well as preparing for 1st class digital reporting both inside- and outside Enterprise Data Platform.
What is the direct impact of this role on the team or organization?
You will be part of a team that plays a key role in a number of strategic BI initiatives that will transform the way BAT NWEA operate. We are continuously expanding our horizons and looking at how to create value to our customers and internally through application of the latest BI and Advanced Analytics technology.
You will have the opportunity to familiarize yourself with all aspects of our business. You will be central to implementing new and vital BI assets for core Business processes in BAT NWEA which will give a unique insight into the exciting world of our business areas.
You will primarily be involved in the scoping, architecting, and advising on BI projects, while serving as a sparring partner in the team during the project life cycle. Your deliverables will be used by Backoffice and FieldForce on different types of devices from Desktop to mobile devices.
NWEA BI Head of Data and Analytics
Number of Direct Reports
NWEA – North West European Area
Depends on project scope(s)
(please provide a list of typical accountabilities to be performed. Please avoid unfamiliar acronyms, project names or BAT jargon and ensure terminology is external market friendly. Please prioritise the most critical accountabilities and reflect them within the first 8 points)
- Analysis- and Data modelling for existing- and new BI solutions
- Design/Develop ETL flow including Backend Database and Middle tier activities for offshore builds
- On-boarding and migration of external provided BI solutions into BAT NWEA BI Solutions
- Main driver- and member of project teams for digitalisation initiatives through structuring and supporting processes for collecting, storing, processing and analysing consumer/customer data from various sources via different channels
- Project Management related to BI and reporting Systems in general
- Support in transforming and migration of current reporting portfolio to PowerBI through MS Azure toolbox, Talend, Wherescape, Snowflake etc.
- Create and maintain documentation required to utilise NWEA BI system´s properly
- Support deliverables for Super- and End User training
- Ensure consistent use of the BI system throughout the organisation by establishing appropriate local governance.
- Ensure that all relevant data are of highest quality to enable efficient and effective operation through a consolidated BI reporting solution
- Deliver- and embed new BI solutions within Business for execution
- Work closely with internal stakeholders and product owners across NWEA functions to collect and mature BI requirements against a strong Business Case to design new BI solutions using the latest BI and Analytics technology available
- Actively assist and coach the NWEA BI team (internal as well as external consultants) in the subsequent agile development of solutions, ensuring the product meets product owner expectations
- People Development – Support the implementation of People Capability Framework (PCF) and assess, facilitate and communicate development programmes, coach team and ensure succession planning and talent pipeline.
- Stakeholder Management – Ensure strong collaboration with End Markets as well as with back office stakeholders. Manage Global and Regional stakeholders to cement NWEA as a best practice Area and Cluster.
- This position also requires a drive towards experimenting with technology, developing prototypes together with the team and others. You will act as the highest-level technology domain expert on BI and Analytics technology, responsible for advising NWEA on maximizing the use of available technology to solve business critical problems
- Minimum 4-5 years of experience in data modelling and solution architecture in Marketing related functions
- You have experience from a BI consultant or developer role, with hands on experience developing ETL, Data Warehouse and BI solutions in an enterprise environment. Preferably using Snowflake, Microsoft SQL Server and the Microsoft BI- or similar BI platform technology
Technical Skills Required
- Knowledge in PowerBI
- Knowledge in Azure Cloud Analysis
- Experienced in SQL and Snowflake DB
- Knowledge in Azure Tools (Storage account, SQL, Data factory, Blob Storage)
- Knowledge in Wherescape and ETL tools
- IT skills at advanced level
Functional Skills Required
- Pro-active, creative, and dynamic.
- Can work independently, have high drive, and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Have strong analytical skills, and a holistic view of BI assets when architecting new solutions
- Are able to communicate and interact with stakeholders at different levels across functions within the organization
- Excellent oral and written communication in English
Leadership Skills Required
- 1. Thinks Strategically and Prioritises
- 2. Drives and Owns Results
- 1. Collaborates and Influences
- 2. Learns Quickly and is Agile
Education / Qualifications / Certifications Required
- University degree in Business, Business Information or IT preferable
- Power Automate, PowerApps
- MySQL and Amazon Redshift DB
- Preferably with knowledge of all underlying software of the TM&D system (e.g. SAP, Salesforce, Azure tools).
- Preferably with experience from the FMCG industry
- Previous experience in technical change transformation and data modernisation in other companies