BAT UK IS LOOKING FOR SALES REPRESENTATIVES all across the UK
SENIORITY LEVEL: Experienced Professional
SALARY RANGE: Competitive salary package + excellent benefits
LOCATION: Flexible (UK nationwide)
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
The Sales Representative (SR) will operate in a given geographical location and have a workload made up of Independent tobacco and PRRP outlets which have strategic importance to brand and company development. All outlets will be visited monthly by a Territory Manager who will be responsible for building relationships, growing distribution and activating key brands, The key fundamentals of the SR role are to sell additional stock of BAT UK brands to the retailers through van sales, taking payments in the form of cash/credit cards and ultimately drive BAT brand volume and market share within the stores. The SR will be provided with extensive training including selling skills, brand and industry knowledge.
The SR will be provided with a vehicle (Transit Van size) and is expected to follow all Health & Safety processes.
- To execute a fixed trade coverage plan within a fixed geographic area of Independent and Independent Symbol Tobacco & Potentially Reduced Risk Products (PRRP) selling outlets within that territory.
- To achieve monthly sales targets through van sales which will ensure distribution, OOS reduction, share of shelf, activation, and ultimately volume and market share objectives are delivered in support of company plans.
- Working in conjunction with a Territory Manager, build relationships with retail outlets to maximise BAT UK sales.
- Develops effective working relationships within function and across all departments, that supports the achievement of TM&D objectives and creates a cohesive one company mentality
- Territory Managers
- Line Manager
- Peer Group
- Customer Management Group
- Has effective working relationships with our customers by giving assistance and support through regular communication and the prompt handling of requests
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
- Works to an individual Trade Coverage Plan ensuring regular callage
- Deliver sales targets in line with or ahead of targets
- Ensure that sales are delivered or exceeded through a combination of own and pre-sale delivery.
- Drive additional sales through negotiation with Independent retailers
- Complete business processes on time in full; ensuring accuracy of information and data
- Efficiently manages and maintains business and financial assets (Van, IT equipment, POS materials)
- Reconciles stock and cash in line with business policies and processes
- Cash collection, transaction reconciliation and deposits
- Minimises Out of Stocks in-store
- Maximises selling skills and industry knowledge to add value to both team colleagues and retailers
CAN THIS BE YOUR FUTURE ROLE?
- Do you have Trade marketing experience or are a graduate looking to start a career in Trade marketing?
- Do you aspire to an experience which offers daily opportunities to learn and grow?
- Do you have excellent salesmanship and negotiation skills or a willingness to learn?
- Are you energetic, results-driven, and autonomous?
- Do you have a full, clean driving license?
- Are you looking for a career throughout the UK?
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Previous experience that includes transferable skills to a Field Sales role.
- A clean driving license for manual vehicles
- Live within less than 1-hour commute from home to the chosen base territory
- IT skills – basic use of the following packages: word, excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft outlook
- Work independently and effectively
- Quickly adapt to challenge and changes
- Previous sales experience working in FMCG
WE ARE BAT
At BAT we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at BAT.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies