BAT is evolving at pace - truly like no other organisation.
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
The role is responsible for creating & maintaining Product specifications and recipes for finished goods, semi-finished goods and related raw materials requested by NPI or by Product Maintenance initiatives. In addition to that, during daily operation the code creation activities have to be aligned with all involved functional partners in Product, Factories and Supply Chain to provide high data quality during SKU code creation.
SENIORITY LEVEL: Entry Level
FUNCTION: Regional Product Center
LOCATION: Damansara City
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
Reports to: Product Specification Manager
Reporting Level: Individual
Geographic Scope: Asia Pacific
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
- Creation, release and maintenance of Product specifications and related Recipes in SAP EHS/RD (FGs, SFG Packaging Phantoms)
- Creation of required pack raw materials incl. localization of globally governed Specification
- Creation and release of Artwork Specifications as given from e-graphics (Packaging Development)
- Ensure & control Supplier Sign off for materials
- Obsolescence of Product and Material Specifications and Recipes based on obsolescence reports given by GMDM
- Ensure data integrity and maintain specifications or recipes accordingly
- Exploit opportunities for standardization in process and business systems for continuous improvement
- Engage collaborators to enable smooth code creation process (NPI, Factories, GMDM, functional Product Experts) Participation on NPI Kick off meetings
- Support NPI, Factories and GMDM on specific request regarding code creation and related processes
- Support & consult Product & Packaging Development on code creation request.
- Raise IT Tickets on system issues and CRs for BAU activities
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Degree in an apprenticeship for industrial clerk or in a technical related profession/subject (Production, Quality, Product).
- Working experience or fundamental knowledge of Master data management in Factories / Supply Chain (e.g. Material masters and BOMs) as Administrators.
- Working experience and/or basic knowledge of NPI processes
- Detailed knowledge of tobacco products, its materials and production processes (Combustible products, THP, Oral).
- IT knowledge on MS-Office applications esp. MS Excel.
- Proficient English skills.
WE ARE BAT
At BAT we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at BAT.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!