BAT is evolving at pace- truly like no other organisation
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
BAT KL IS LOOKING FOR A NETWORK SOLUTION ARCHITECT
FUNCTION: DBS / IDT
LOCATION: SunGeo Tower, Sunway Selangor
EXTERNAL JOB TITLE: Solution Architect - Network
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
This role requires the Solution Architect to translate business requirements into solution components considering the complexity of the existing systems landscape and establish target and reference architectures, including standards, for the BAT Network environment.
Reports to: Solution Architect Lead (Network and Cloud)
Reporting Level: Individual Contributor
Geographic Scope: Global
This Network Solution Architect will be responsible for
- Developing global and local architecture solutions based on the BAT Network strategy and technology roadmap in close collaboration with Enterprise Architecture.
- Work closely with project teams to ensure the design and delivery meets the project needs, documentation is accurate, and the solution is suitable, sometimes within tight timescales
- Engage with stakeholders to understand projects objectives, interpret the network requirements, and ensure that the solutions align with the risk appetite and strategic vision
- Working across the BAT organization to provide technical leadership within the network environment
- Assessing new technologies and best practices for suitability and adoption.
- Drive standardization and automation into all aspects of the network platform
- Engage with internal customers and external partners for briefings, issue escalation, and complex solution development.
- Enabling the extended team’s vitality through training, mentoring, and skills transfer
- Documenting network capabilities as appropriate for both internal and external consumption
- Continually review and update the design documentation to ensure it truly reflects the deployed solution to improve understanding and assist in prompt incident resolution.
- Work with cross functional teams to triage issues related to reliability, availability, stability & performance.
- Adhere to all BAT standards, governance, and compliance requirements
- A proactive approach to spotting problems, areas for improvement, and performance bottlenecks
Must have requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Technology, Engineering, Industrial Engineering / Operations, or a related field from an accredited college/university
- At least 5 years of experience designing and integration of network infrastructures, at scale, e.g., MPLS/BGP, routing, switching, SDN/NFV, EVPN, VXLAN,
- Experience in Cloud Proxy, Zero Trust Network and SASE highly desirable.
- Familiarly with network configuration, automation tooling, telemetry, authentication technologies e.g., CISCO ISE, Windows NPS and TACACS+.
- Strong cloud PaaS / IaaS foundations (Azure / AWS / Google)
- Strong familiarity with cloud networking (AWS: VPC, Transit Gateways, Direct Connect, VWAN, ExpressRoute, ELB/ALB, Route 53)
- User Remote Access VPN Headends – Cisco ASA, Meraki
Good to have requirements:
- Experience with OT (Operational Technology) / IIoT (Industrial Internet of Things) and Factory Networks.
- Experience in Automation with ServiceNow desirable
- DevSecOps and Full Stack Observability (i.e. ThousandEye, AppDynamic, Cisco-InterSite, New Relic) experience desirable.
- Experience working with Tier 1 service providers highly desirable
- WAN architectures (“legacy” ex: MPLS and “trending” ex: SD-WAN, IPSEC, GRE & VPN methods)
- Thorough understanding of most enterprise IPv4 protocols and emerging IPv6 deployments
- Capable of overseeing the development and implementation of various technical solutions
- Knowledge in Industry 4.0 is desirable.
- 2 years in python or similar programming language for scripting.
- Complex routing, switching, and ISP environments
- Cisco Routers (ISRs and ASRs)
- Firewalls (Cisco/Meraki preferred, Palo Alto is desirable)
- Routing protocols (BGP, OSPF, EIGRP)
- Team and business leadership experience
- Certificates within network/security domain (CCNA, CCNP, PCNSE, etc.) desirable
WE ARE BAT
At BAT we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at BAT.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!