BAT is evolving at pace - truly like no other organisation.
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
BAT DIGITAL BUSINESS SOLUTIONSIS LOOKING FOR IT INTERNAL CONTROL ANALYST
SENIORITY LEVEL: Junior Management
FUNCTION: Global Business Services Finance
LOCATION: Bandar Sunway, Selangor, Malaysia
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
Reports to: Business Controls Manager - IT
Reporting Level: Individual Contributor
Geographic Scope: Asia Pacific
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
- Support the development of the overall role of the Business Controls Team as a second line of defense within BAT.
- Perform SOx testing and reporting to SOx Test Manager to agreed timelines (including in the space of IT processes).
- Communicate issues noted from SOx testing to key stakeholders in a timely manner.
- Support Control Owners to develop remediation plans and address issues in a timely manner.
- Track and report on outstanding actions relating to SOx findings.
- Ensuring all work is fully documented in line with the BCT Methodology and the SOx Testing process, reflecting current good practice in internal controls.
- Certain elements of Controls Advisory and Assurance work will need to be completed in line with Audit Standards to enable reliance from External Audit.
- Support and participate in the delivery of training to Control Operators and Owners to support the effectiveness of internal controls over financial reporting across the Group.
- To assist in the delivery of the Three Lines of Defense model within the BAT Internal Controls Framework.
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Degree educated with relevant professional Internal Controls qualification (CISA, CISSP, CIA, ACCA or equivalent).
- 3-5 years, risk internal controls or audit experience with significant accounting firm or corporate industry experience.
- Experience in global FMCG or similar dynamic operating environment.
- An understanding of the tobacco business is preferred.
- Good knowledge of internal controls practices, principles and procedures and corporate governance requirements for a global Group, including Internal Controls over Financial Reporting (ICoFR).
- Understanding of Risk Management and Internal Controls best practices.
- Experience of one or more core business functions, including operations, marketing, finance, and IT.
- Knowledge of SOx best practice, testing and reporting approaches.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with the ability to articulate control issues, risk, impact, and recommendations to management.
- Experience in internal or external audit, or other SOx testing of IT processes, and able to identify control gaps and provide recommendation to address the issue.
- Experience in IT Audit (internal or external), IT general Controls (ITGC) or other IT SOx testing spread across IT domains (access, program change, program development, computer operations, cyber security), and able to identify control gaps and provide recommendation to address the issue.
- Experience in reviewing outsourced IT Operations and assessing various forms of Third-Party Assurance reports, e.g., SOC reports, for adequacy and impact on the services provided.
- Knowledge of BAT’s Internal Audit approach, including testing and reporting practices, and how it can be applied to Business Controls work is preferred.
WE ARE BAT
At BAT we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at BAT.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!