BAT is evolving at pace - truly like no other organisation.
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
SENIORITY LEVEL: Senior Management
FUNCTION: Business Control
SALARY RANGE: Starting from RM 19,500 + Excellent Benefits + Market Leading Bonus
LOCATION: Bandar Sunway,Selangor, Malaysia
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
This role works closely with BAT Management to assist with the design and effective operation of internal controls. Undertakes and Leads Internal Controls Design activity for both Business as Usual (BAU) and Project or Programme related control changes, with a specific focus on IT application and general controls.
Provides IT Internal Controls expertise, advice and guidance and promotes an awareness of risk management and control practices across the BAT Group.
Reports to: Senior Business Control Manager
Reporting Level: Manage Team
Geographic Scope: Asia Pacific & Middle East
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
- Design and assess internal controls against industry best practice with a focus on efficient and effective controls, governance processes, technology, and communication.
- Lead the testing and associated reporting of key controls, as detailed in the internal control monitoring plan (including SOx testing).
- Undertake incident reviews and analysis, including root cause analysis and adequacy of actions to address identified weaknesses.
- Support in the monitoring and resolution of all reported control issues and identified actions.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the Group Controls function including the continued development of the BCT methodology to measure effectiveness of controls and mitigation of risks in the Group’s core processes.
- Build and maintain good working relationships with management, including regular progress meetings with key stakeholders and ensuring any problems or requests are dealt with promptly.
- Prepares or reviews controls reporting prior to submission to relevant BAT Group governance forums, e.g. Audit Committees and Programme Boards.
- Work with BAT management to ensure controls are embedded in processes and operating procedures and adequately mitigate process risks, taking into consideration internal and external best practices;
- Project management, including creation of accurate and up to date information for internal reporting to Programme Boards and Audit Committees;
- Coordinate or participate in the delivery of training to Business Controls staff to support the global delivery of the BCT workplan.
- Line management responsibility for Senior Business Controls Analysts and Business Controls Analysts on controls work and Project Team management responsibility for individual assignments, including timely, clear and balanced feedback on their performance and development needs.
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Degree educated with relevant professional qualification (e.g. ACA, ACCA, CISA, ITIL, CGEIT or CISSP)
- 5-8 years IT risk and controls experience with significant accounting firm or a global FMCG or similar dynamic operating corporate environment.
- Experience of IT internal controls in a SOx environment.
- Experience engaging with external auditors.
- Good knowledge of internal controls practices, principles and procedures and corporate governance requirements for a global Group, including Internal Controls over Financial Reporting (ICoFR)
- Experience in reviewing core IT processes and assessing the adequacy of controls, including design and operating effectiveness.
- Experience in reviewing outsourced IT Operations and assessing various forms of Third Party Assurance reports, e.g. SOC reports, for adequacy and impact on the services provided.
- Experience in describing technical IT/SAP system situations into non-technical business scenarios and risks for senior management.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with the ability to describe technical IT scenarios to senior executives to enable understanding of risks and the impact of controls over those risks and processes.
- The ability to summarise significant amounts of management information into the key messages including impact assessments and recommendations.
- Experience in managing diverse teams as part of both business as usual and one off project work.
WE ARE BAT
At BAT we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at BAT.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!