BAT is evolving at pace - truly like no other organisation.
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
- Support operational delivery and project management of the end-to-end process within the NPI function.
- On-Time and in-Full(OTIF) delivery of assigned projects
- Work together with teams responsible for NPI, Quality, Brand Marketing, Engineering, Factory to meet objectives and ensure delivery of projects.
- End-to-end project management of NPI deployment
- Develop full project plan with input from functional experts. Monitor and manage project schedule as per the project plan
- Provide Product Development Team with visibility of project status. Effective and timely sign posts of decisions required to drive OTIF
- Enable informed decision making for Commercial Business Partner i.e. Brands
- Effective sign post of NPI related project costs to budget holders including tooling, trials/MQS and wms write-off
- Collaborate with stakeholders at all levels to develop aligned plans & priorities, resolve project issues and secure support necessary to assure project delivery with the right level of visibility to facilitate informed decision making
- Establish, lead and motivate cross functional teams as necessary to successfully deliver projects and drive and support collaboration within and across teams, functions and end-markets
- Cultivate and maintain effective working relationships with Commercial business partners and the NPI Community including Product Development, Product Assurance, SCIP, Quality, Factory & Regional NPI
- Contribute to NPI continuous improvement initiatives
- Ensures that projects are proceeding according to timelines, meeting targets and expectations, and adhering to established operating parameters; negotiates changes in project resources as necessary to achieve objectives and timelines.
- Managing project risks and ensure adequate risk mitigation is in place.
- Deal with operational issues and negotiate and resolve issues as they arise.
- Prepares and monitors team’s and project cost to serve to manage spending within budgets.
- Works with relevant stakeholders to ensure GBS obtains the insights it needs at the quality and granularity it requires for better planning and execution.
- Use BAT’s formal development framework to identify individual development needs.
- Plan and implement actions, including continuing professional development to build professional capabilities.
- Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- The jobholder should be/have:
- a strong communicator
- creative thinking & strong analytic skill
- fast learner
- good management and interpersonal skills
- ability to make things happen (pro-active, dynamic, flexible, pragmatic)
- commercial approach to all activities
- strong decision making ability
- computer proficiency (Word, Excel, Power-Point)
- demonstrate initiative, adaptability and problem-solving skills
- A graduate in Business Management would be an added advantage.
- Minimum 4 years of work experience in project lifecycle management (PLM) or new product introduction (NPI).
- Analytical and data-driven but also able to think and act creatively.
- Ability to create and maintain productive, positive internal and external relationships through effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Flexible and reliable team player who acts in the best interest of the department and company as a whole.
- Certification in Project Management/ Lean Six Sigma would be an added advantage.
- Excellent communication, people management and change management skills as well as ability to manage relationships professionally
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact with employees at all levels, and an ability to influence effectively without authority – understands and appreciates the merit of collaborative work
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills - both written and verbal.
- Independent and takes ownership of tasks whilst displaying a skillset for troubleshooting
- Disciplined in paperwork and records management to manage healthy, auditable projects
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with different international cultures
- Fluent English (verbal and written), Strong MS-Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
iii. Working Relationships
- Regional functional stakeholders
- Internal GBS Operations delivery teams.
WE ARE BAT
At BAT we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at BAT.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!