Trade and Marketing System Admin,
We are looking for a System Administrator to maintain, upgrade and manage our software, hardware and networks, to join our Trade department in Algiers within BAT Algeria.
Resourcefulness is a necessary skill in this role. You should be able to diagnose and resolve problems quickly. You should also have the patience to communicate with a variety of interdisciplinary teams and users.
Your goal will be to ensure that our technology infrastructure runs smoothly and efficiently.
What you will be accountable for:
Installing and configuring software, hardware and networks
Monitoring system performance and troubleshooting issues
Ensuring security and efficiency of IT infrastructure
What you will be Responsible for:
• Install and configure software and hardware
• Manage network servers and technology tools
• Set up accounts and workstations
• Monitor performance and maintain systems according to requirements
• Troubleshoot issues and outages
• Ensure security through access controls, backups and firewalls
• Upgrade systems with new releases and models
• Develop expertise to train staff on new technologies
• Build an internal wiki with technical documentation, manuals and IT policies
Experience Essential, Skills and Knowledge:
- Proven experience as a System Administrator, Network Administrator, or similar role
- Experience with databases, networks (LAN, WAN) and patch management
- Familiarity with various operating systems and platforms
- Good organization and follow up with different stakeholders.
Technical/ Functional / Leadership Skills Required
- Bachelor/ master’s degree in IT, or similar field of studies.
- Fluent in: Arabic, French, English.
- Excellent communication skills
- BSc/Ba in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related discipline; professional certification (e.g. Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA)) is a plus